You would be required to enroll your device with Google Device Policy App if your IT administrator has set up Mobile Management in your company. The app allows your IT administrator to mandate security settings like screen lock or device encryption and keep corporate data safe. In this app, you can review all the security policies applied on your device at any point of time. The IT administrator can also configure corporate WiFi networks or work apps, that are auto-provisioned upon device enrollment.
Note: your personal information like geolocation, photos are not tracked or collected at any point of time.
Necessary App Permission Notice
- Identity – Needed to identify the corporate accounts that are in use on this device.
- Device ID and Call Info – Needed for the domain administrator to check on IMEI or MEID of the user device.
Optional App Permission Notice
- Location – Needed to enable app users to locate their device using My Devices.
- Photos/Media/Files – Needed for the domain administrator to restrict access to USB file transfers.
* You can opt out of optional permission requests and still use the app.
For help with installing, using, or uninstalling the app, visit https://goo.gl/LThAUm
Visit our help center to know more: http://goo.gl/E4Efp7
Learn more about G Suite: http://gsuite.google.com/products/admin/mobile/
*Support Android-O SDK
* Bug fixes
*Support for company-owned devices
*Support Android-N SDK.