This is a simple Xposed module to help you get rid of ads on the official YouTube App, it also supports YouTube TV/Gaming/Kids
– Remove YouTube Ads
– Remove Channel Logo
– Remove videos suggestions
– Remove Information card teasers
How to Install:
– Install Xposed Installer App
– Install Xposed framework and Xposed Installer
– Install YouTube AdAway App
– Open Xposed Installer App and enable my App on the modules list
– Clear YouTube App data
Q: Why this application “may” requires an update for each official YouTube App update.
A: Because the YouTube application sources are proguarded, which means the generated classes names (by Proguard) are changing for each release, this should happen only if a clean proguard (producing a new classes map) is done, that’s why we need to update the classes names on YouTube AdAway each time.
– Reboot is a MUST after updating YouTube App or my App
– This application is NOT a modified YouTube App
– You won’t get any (signature) issues if you update your official YouTube App
– If you get any issues playing YouTube videos you can just uninstall my App or disable it on the Xposed modules list
Rewrite the module with a new approach, no brute force, no resources hooking.
Tested against YouTube 13.01.52, you can try it against other YT versions and report back any issues.
If still get any ads, follow these steps:
1- Uninstall the module
2- Install debug version from this link: www.dropbox.com/sh/xjergwoqvhcbns8/AAAbJ_bXF3xsHhzBkB7T6xRFa?dl=0
3- Clear Xposed logs on Xposed Installer
4- Open YouTube App and reproduce the ad
5- Get logs from Xposed Installer
6- Create an issue with the logs attached: github.com/wanam/YouTubeAdAway/issues/new