* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image).
* Expose your camera’s functionality: support for focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, face detection, torch.
* Video recording (including HD, and taking photos while recording video).
* Handy remote controls: timer (with optional voice countdown), auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay).
* Option to take photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command “cheese”.
* Configurable volume keys.
* Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users.
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video. Upside-down preview option for use with attachable lenses.
* Choice of save folder (including support for Storage Access Framework).
* Disable shutter sound.
* Overlay a choice of grids and crop guides.
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Apply date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos; store date/time and location as video subtitles (.SRT).
* Yes you can take a selfie (also known as front camera), includes support for “screen flash”.
* Support for (some) external microphones.
* Widget to automatically take a photo after launching.
* Support for HDR (with auto-alignment and ghost removal) and Exposure Bracketing.
* Support for Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time; manual white balance temperature; RAW (DNG) files.
* Dynamic range optimisation mode.
* Small file size.
* Completely free, and no ads in the app (I only run ads on the website). Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware or camera features, the Android version, etc.)
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development of Open Camera by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=harman.mark.donation . Thanks!
Note that it’s not possible for me to test Open Camera on every Android device out there, so please test before using Open Camera to photo/video your wedding etc 🙂
App icon by Adam Lapinski ( www.yeti-designs.com ).
Use updated build tools (hopefully a workaround for LineageOS boot loop and Android Studio 3 issuetracker.google.com/issues/64434571).
Various bug fixes.
Now targetting Android 8. New adaptive icon for Android 8 (thanks to Adam Lapinski).
Improve Camera2 quality for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (set EDGE_MODE_OFF and NOISE_REDUCTION_MODE_OFF).
Version 1.42.2 (2017/12/30)
FIXED Fixed some crashes.
FIXED Problems with alignment of some dialogs in portrait mode on some devices (possibly an
Android 8 issue).
ADDED On-screen face icon displayed when face detection is enabled.
UPDATED Enable 60fps on Android 7+ for GUI rendering.
Version 1.42.1 (2017/12/10)
FIXED Crash related to front camera fake flash on devices with auto focus and Camera2 API.
FIXED Possible fix for boot loop on LineageOS (this is a LineageOS bug exposed by using Android
Studio 3; workaround is to upgrade to build tools 27.0.1).
FIXED Change in 1.42 for using suffix “_0” etc instead of “_EXP0” etc was only done for HDR expo
images; now done for Expo photo mode too.
FIXED Text style “Plain text” for “Stamp photos” was still showing a shadow effect.
FIXED Workaround for Google bug where crash can be reported if application is open when it’s being
updated ( issuetracker.google.com/issues/36972466#comment14 ).
UPDATED Now targetting Android 8.
UPDATED New adaptive icon for Android 8 (thanks to Adam Lapinski).
UPDATED Improve Camera2 quality for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (set EDGE_MODE_OFF and
UPDATED Updated Norwegian Bokmål translation (thanks to Imre Kristoffer Eilertsen).
UPDATED Updated Polish translation (thanks to Jacek Buczyński).
Version 1.42 (2017/11/19)
FIXED Fixed some crashes.
FIXED Bug since 1.41 where if camera failed to open, it wasn’t possible to switch to other
ADDED Application shortcuts (requires Android 7.1).
ADDED Face detection now supports accessibility services (e.g., if using Google Talkback,
information on the number and position of detected faces will be spoken).
ADDED Link to GPL on About dialog.
UPDATED Expo images (either in “Expo ” photo mode, or HDR when “Save all images for HDR mode” is
selected) are now saved with suffix “_0” etc, instead of “_EXP0” etc. This means Google
Photos knows to group the images together.
UPDATED Performance improvements.
UPDATED “Show angle” no longer enabled by default.