The TripAdvisor mobile app is free and easy to use.
• Browse millions of reviews, opinions, videos and candid photos by travelers
• Find the best hotel for you, including Travelers’ Choice award winners
• Explore restaurants by food type, price range, and rating
• Discover cool things to do in any destination
• Compare airfares and find great deals
• Use Near Me Now to discover options near you
• Get answers to your specific travel questions in the forums
• Add your own reviews and photos
• Download maps, reviews, and your saves for Amsterdam, Bangkok, Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Hong Kong, Las Vegas, London, New York, Orlando, Paris, Prague, Rome, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo and over 300 other cities worldwide onto your phone for free; avoid using expensive data roaming plans while you travel
App Permissions Description:
• Storage: TripAdvisor uses Google Maps, which uses external/USB storage for caching downloaded map information.
• Your location: These permissions are needed to obtain your location so we can help you discover hotels, restaurants, and attractions around you. Network-based location gets a quick location, but is not usually pinpoint accurate. GPS is a bit slower to initially locate you, but is usually more accurate.
• Camera: The TripAdvisor phone app allows you to take a picture using your Android device camera directly.
• Network communication: Allows the app to transmit information to and from your phone via the Internet.
• Your accounts: We are using the Android Application Account Manager to store your credentials in a TripAdvisor account (you can find it in Settings under the Accounts tab). If you remove the app we also remove the TripAdvisor account on the device.
• System tools: This location provider permission provides more detailed location information so that TripAdvisor can pick the best possible location source for your current situation. The “test access” permission allows Android to check if it can use your external/USB storage for caching map information.
Thanks for using TripAdvisor! We bring updates to the Play Store every 2 weeks.
Every update of our app includes reliability and performance improvements.
Love our free app? Please help us out and take a moment to review us on the Play Store!